genConnect Heads to Austin’s South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Conference to Interview Social Media Leaders and Experts From Around the World
From March 11 through 15, genConnect.com will be onsite in downtown Austin, Texas conducting personal interviews with speakers slated to appear at the innovative South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Conference in Austin’s AT&T Conference Center.
Kelly Hayes, Chief Creative Officer for genConnect says, “We are thrilled to be in Austin to capture all of this excitement on camera for web users. The city will be full of experts, 15,000 of them! This is genConnect’s first SXSW so, like our users, we’ll be learning all week about the digital world and this new age of inter-connectivity.”
The conference (visit www.sxsw.com for details) features five days of the following:
- presentations by leading experts in emerging technologies;
- exciting networking events hosted by industry and commercial leaders;
- a newly added SXSW Trade Show;
- and an unprecedented lineup of special programs highlighting the best new digital works, games and groundbreaking ideas emerging out of the national and international community today.
genConnect will attend the event as credentialed press, hosting “2.5 Minutes With genConnect” in the Chevy Volt ReCharge Lounge (NW entrance) during the conference. Dozens of prominent interviewees will be asked to briefly summarize the gist of their message, highlighting important takeaways for genConnect members that will include addressing the broad, philosophical question about the impact and future of social media on our lives in general.
Some of the interviews scheduled include:
- Tech evangelist and co-creator of www.mediamavens.com, Shauna Casey;
- Founder of www.SOBCon.com, out of Chicago, Liz Strauss, named one of the most influential bloggers on the net;
- Thought leader and author Terry Starbucker, who coined the phrase ‘Half-Fullism”;
- Conversation agent and business strategist Valeria Maltoni, co-author of The Age Of Conversation;
- Sally Strebel, also known as BizGirl, founder of page.ly and BestPartyEver;
- and Eve Lavendier, Digital Media Producer at Lifetime Networks and Lifetime Moms.
In addition to the many after parties happening across Austin, one in particular genConnect will be attending is “Books & Bytes: Celebrating the Future of Publishing.” Hosted by Cave Henricks Communications and Shelton Interactive at Iron Cactus restaurant, the event offers the unique opportunity to mingle with celebrated authors including Carol Sanford (The Responsible Business: Reimagining Sustainability and Success), Simon Salt (Social Location Marketing: Outshining Your Competitors on Foursquare, Gowalla, Yelp & Other Location Sharing Sites) and Tony Schwartz (The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working).
The video interviews will be streamed on www.genConnect.com plus the sites of our distribution partners, interviewers and other mass audience web sites and social networks.
genConnect was founded in 2009 by Nancy Spears, out of Aspen, Colorado, and continues to grow in membership and recognition in the digital media arena.
Note: genConnect.com will be giving away trips to Aspen, CO, so stop by, because to be eligible you need to be a registered member of genConnect (http://www.genconnect.com/register) and we want you to join us!
Randi Zucker, Senior Editor