We asked our top relationship experts: Should women take the husband’s last name after marriage?
Marriage & Family therapist Rachel Sussman says:
“Women changing their last name? It’s really a personal choice. A lot of women feel if they’re going to have children, they don’t want to have a different last name than their children. It is tradition. When you watch the Kardashians, family is very important to them. Kim might feel she wants to honor her husband or a tradition. I don’t think any woman should be judged for that.”
Click here for best-selling author Laurie Puhn’s response.
More from Rachel Sussman:
- Are You The Right Partner for Me? by Rachel Sussman
- Physical Therapy for Your Relationship
- Are You The One for Me?
- Rachel Sussman’s Dose of Love
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook
- To stay on top of Rachel Sussman’s latest posts, as well as the latest contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.
These are one expert’s views on the news. Share with us your thoughts in the comments box below.