There clearly is something about lifestyle expert Laurel House’s Quickies and Cheats tips. From “Quickie-Workouts in Bed” to “Bites with Benefits” recipes, “Been There, Done That” dating tips to “Refrigerator Facial” at-home spa tips, Laurel is your experienced big sister, no-holds-barred best friend, and, as one magazine put it, “she’s the kind of gal girls want to swap secrets with and guys want to swap spit with.”
Related: Find Your Confidence
Based on her popular QuickieChick website, Laurel’s new book, QuickieChick’s Cheat Sheet to Life, Love, Food, Fitness, Fashion, and Finance—on a Less-Than-Fabulous Budget (St. Martin’s), which hits the shelves May 22, offers quick tips for smart, sassy, independent chicks. A cheat sheet to life, QuickieChick’s Cheat Sheet is the essential manual on life’s lessons delivered in fun, snappy and immediately gratifying bites of information. Beyond a fab pair of stilettos, big shot mentor and go-to ab workout, QuickieChick reminds us that what every chick really needs are the 3Gs: Gumption, Grace and Guidance.
This book will be your best friend and your girl life bible all in one. It is an every-woman and everywhere guide to life’s trickiest moments. QuickieChick’s Cheat Sheet is filled with professional advice from business entrepreneurs, exclusive tips straight from celebrities, insightful anecdotes from real women who have “been there and done that,” chapter cheat sheets that simplify the steps to success in concise and actionable advice, and fun quizzes that help you find out who you really are. This is the perfect rescue handbook for 20-something chicks about life and how to live it … fabulously, and on a budget.
QuickieChick has even received personal accolades from genConnect.com‘s CEO and founder, Nancy Spears:
“Laurel’s quickie solutions for whatever life throws your way are more than helpful—they scream for immediate inspiration and implementation! Laurel House has done us all a huge favor by sharing her wisdom, experience, and humor with quickie solutions that only a young-hearted, but clever old soul could do.”
So now the only question is, where can I buy this book? The book won’t be released until May 22 but you can preorder your copy from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indie Bound, Books-a-Million, and at discount at Overstock. Or go to www.quickiechick.com to preorder, then stick around to browse Laurel’s online tips.
Below is a little taste of what you can expect to learn from QuickieChick’s Cheat Sheet to Life, Love, Food, Fitness, Fashion and Finance on a Less than Fabulous Budget…
- How to Ace the Job Interview
- How to Gain Financial Independence, Move Out of Your Parents’ Place, and Avoid Roommate Drama!
- Quickie Workouts for Every Location: In Bed, Office, Airplane, Kitchen and More
- How to Get a Boost of Confidence by Wearing ‘Power Panties’
- 1-Ingredient Refrigerator Facials: How to Get Fab Skin by Using Ingredients Found in Your Fridge
- Dating & Dumping…When to Leave, When to Stay, Where to Meet Guys, and How to Keep Them Hooked
- Work/Party Protocol: How to Dress, What to Say, and How to Act
- How to Throw a Fab Cocktail Party on a Budget…with No Stress
- Finding a Mentor
Related: How to Raise Confident Teenage Girls
St. Martin’s plans to turn the QuickieChick brand into a series of books. This first one is geared to 20-something chicks still searching when it comes to the real world. Excitement for the QuickieChick brand is already building, with partnerships including popchips, nimble by Balance Bar, Emergen-C, SkinnyJeans, SoleSociety, and SeeJaneWork.
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of Laurel House’s latest posts, as well as the contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.