It’s Friday the 13th, but instead of being your usual suspicious self this year, do something positive for yourself – ask someone out on a date.
Astrologers in Australia say that in their part of the world today, the planets are literally aligned - a rare, good sign that could indicate today’s your lucky day if you’re looking for love. Jupiter lined up with Venus, Mercury and Mars today – an event that happens only once every 50 to 100 years, and very rarely on Friday the 13th.
genConnect relationship and dating expert Julie Spira, author of the best-selling online dating book, The Perils of Cyber-Dating: Confessions of a Hopeful Romantic Looking for Love Online, offers several dating tips to fall lucky in love this Friday the 13th.
- Grab your “inner flirt”: It’s Friday the 13th, so instead of feeling unlucky in love and staying home with a pint of ice cream, grab your inner flirt and enjoy the day. All around the world, people will be thinking about Friday the 13th. In Australia, they say the stars are in alignment and it’s considered a good day for lovers.
- “Just do it”: There’s no need to think that Friday the 13th must be perilous. For those who are superstitious, I challenge you to go ahead and ask out that cute girl down the hall out for an after-work drink or smile at guy when you’re walking down the street and are both waiting at the red light.
- Make today your “first”: Worried that you shouldn’t go on that first date on Friday the 13th? Rethink this theory before canceling your date. Your loss might be another single’s gain. Your worrying just might send him or her into the arms of another. Who knows? Today might just be the beginning of a series of anniversary dates and you just might get lucky in love after all.
Single? Take Spira’s advice – don’t be superstitious, rather, make this day auspicious, and go out and snag yourself a date on this Friday the 13th!
For sex tips:
For more advice from Julie Spira and our other dating experts:
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of Julie Spira’s latest posts, as well as the latest contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.
These are one expert’s views on the news. Share with us your thoughts in the comments box below.