You shouldn’t just have dinner with anyone. After all, it’s your time that’s being spent scouting out that perfect companion, right? 5 questions to ask yourself to determine whether your date is really worth your time…
Before you can even begin to determine if your date is “Dinner Worthy,” I reserve some time and really think about some key points that weigh heavily on whether I offer that coveted dinner invitation. There’s certainly no point in going to all that trouble and effort if your date doesn’t measure up. Here’s what I’ve come up with to simplify that process.
On your search for Mr. or Mrs. Right, are you asking the right questions for yourself? I know I am very guilty of giving my power away. We all do that sometimes when we meet someone special and really want it to work. You get caught up in the relationship and often lose the relationship with yourself. Believe me, I can count too many times where I’ve allowed someone in my life that kind of took over. So, to avoid those drainages of time and energy, ask yourself these 5 questions and see what your answers are. How does the scale weigh? Your honest answers will help you determine if this person is right for YOU:
Related: Is Your Date ‘Dinner Worthy’?
- How does he/she add value to your life? – Does this person bring components that make your life better? In what way and are you satisfied with the manner in which he/she does that?
- Does he/she allow you to be yourself? – Does this person accept you for who you are, warts and all? Does this person allow you to be flawed, human?
- Does he/she fit into YOUR life? – Does this person support your passions and dreams and helps in your efforts to facilitate them?
- Does he/she truly value you for just the way you are? Does this person reserve personal judgment and does not try to project his/her personal fears and worries from his/her past relationships onto you? Can this person really just let YOU be YOU?
- Does he/she bring out the best in you? – Does this person make you feel like you can accomplish anything you want to put your mind to? Does this person challenge and inspire you in ways that make you dig deeper and never give up?
Follow Jackie M. Lee on Twitter @DinnerWorthy and Facebook
- To stay on top of Jackie M. Lee’s latest posts, as well as the contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.