Austin, Texas is about to get 20,000 visitors as the annual South by Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) festival kicks off on March 9, 2012.
The five-day gathering is a hotbed for innovation as the brightest minds in emerging technologies come together to reveal new websites, video games, trends and online startup ideas. From panels to parties to unofficial brainstorming sessions, SXSW Interactive has become one of the best places to network with industry leaders and experience what is unfolding in the tech world.
genConnect will be on the scene to capture the wisdom and share it with you.
genConnect, as official media again at SXSW Interactive, will be conducting our “2.5 Minutes With …” video interviews among leading experts in social and digital media, mobile, online strategy and more. Videos will be available to watch on genConnect.com, Facebook, Twitter, Tout, YouTube and Google Plus.
“SXSW Interactive is filled with people who are passionate about what they do and the impact they’re making in the world,”said Nancy Spears, CEO, genConnect.com. “Speakers and guests have a strong understanding about the power of social and new technologies to take a message and have it carried away to touch millions.”
- Craig Newmark, who launched craigconnects to help people connect with nonprofits with the goal of raising awareness and funds
- Claire Diaz Ortiz, who helps organizations and charities to utilize Twitter
- Heather Smith, President of Rock The Vote, which empowers younger generations to have a voice in the political arena
- Josh Karpf, Director of Digital Media at PepsiCo
What else is special about SXSW Interactive is the unveiling of cutting-edge products and features, such as Barclaycard’s new crowdsourced community powered credit card. Lucky for us, we’ll be speaking with Paul Wilmore, Barclaycard US Managing Director of Consumer Markets, who will give genConnecters the scoop about the card’s features. (Stay tuned!)
Other notable genConnect interviews will include:
- Guy Kawasaki — Co-founder of Alltop and venture capitalist
- Jon Wiley – Lead Designer for Google Search
- Bianca Bosker — Senior Tech Editor for the Huffington Post
- Rick Calvert — CEO and Co-founder of BlogWorld
- Sara DeWitt — VP of PBS KIDS Interactive
- Tim Washer — Senior Marketing Manager at Cisco
The SXSW Interactive festival is just one third of SXSW’s takeover of Austin. The SXSW Film Conference and Festival, a showcase of emerging talent, provocative documentaries and more begins on March 9, too, followed by the SXSW Music and Media Conference on March 13. The SXSW Music Conference features 2,000 acts from around the globe and is one of the most revered musical events of the year.
This conference, held at the Austin Convention Center, will also allow genConnect to experience all that downtown Austin has to offer from local cuisine to historic landmarks to downtown nightlife. Connect with us over the weekend for pictures, video and the latest news from Austin.
Can’t make it to the Austin? Tune in to genConnect for up-to-the-minute updates from SXSWi.
Will you be at SXSW Interactive? We’ll be out and about. You can find us at the Samsung Blogger Lounge from late morning to early afternoon Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
genConnect Project Coordinator
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.