Cheese makes everything better. And this week, People magazine will make cheese the star of its edition by featuring cheese guru Laura Werlin and her Classic Mac & Cheese recipe. This recipe is just one of many included in her forthcoming book, Mac & Cheese Please! 50 Super Cheesy Recipes, due for release Dec. 4.
Watch Werlin talk to genConnect about how she grew her cheese brand and great wine pairings for any kind of cheese:
Werlin’s sixth book is due out for release Dec. 4. She has written two books on grilled cheese but loves macaroni and cheese so much, she wanted to write about that, as well. Her other three books are more serious – for example, how to demystify walking into a cheese shop and not be intimidated by it, and great tips for how to pair cheese and wine.
And with October being American Cheese Month, what better time to try some new cheeses with various wines? What wines would the cheese master herself pair with various cheese?
- Goat cheese – Savignon Blanc or something else that is light
- Salty cheese such as blue cheese – Sweet wine for contrast
- Mountain cheeses, such as cheddar – Red wine
“One thing most people don’t know … is that white wine in general is a better friend to cheese than red wine,” Werlin said.
*Tune in to FOX News’ “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday, Nov. 1, to watch Laura Werlin cook up macaroni & cheese with an Irish twist.
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.