Still looking for the perfect gift for someone this holiday season?
If he or she is an avid traveler, travel consultant Jody Bear has some great gifts for the person always on the go. Jody has over 30 years of experience traveling the globe seeking out the latest hotspots and destinations for her prestigious clients, and she has been on the Condé Nast Traveler Specialist list for 10 years running. Here are some of her great gift suggestions:
1. Hard to find, but worth the hunt, Cartier’s newest parfum, Baiser Vole , comes in a roll-on small enough to fit in your evening clutch.
2. The iPhone Lens Dial is the essential camera accessory; with a simple spin of a wheel, this nifty gadget by Photojojo, allows you to take panoramic pictures on your iPhone.
3. Decoupage trays with luggage label motifs by John Derian … they are so cool, so chic, so vintage.
4. Go Clean travel bags by Flight 001 for your gym gear, laundry, shoes and boots…at last, someone came up with bags large enough to pack a pair of knee high boots in your suitcase. I can finally get rid of the plastic bags from the drugstore!
5. The Canon Powershot S100 is the oh-so-perfect compact point and shoot camera guaranteed to take great pictures each time. I would gift this to myself!
6. Luxe City Guides should be your ‘go to’ resource for restaurants, shopping and style tips in Asia, Europe and, most recently, key U.S. cities. They are cleverly written and small enough to stuff in your stocking.
7. For calorie-free macarons, check out Judith Leiber’s party crystal pillboxes inspired by this iconic confection. Choose from 14 flavors – I mean colors – including champagne, lemon, rose and mint.
8. Now you can have breakfast in Tokyo, lunch in London and dinner in Paris without leaving your home. 50 disposal paper World Dinner Maps are a great gift for the traveler at heart.
9. The Truconnect MI-FI looks like a metal credit card, but it is a portable, personal, pocketable Wi-Fi hotspot. Stay connected 24/7!
10. Create a bespoke fragrance for that someone special in your life. All it takes is a few consultations with Lyn Harris, the founder of Miller Harris, and, voilá, your individual eau de parfum will be delivered in a hand-engraved bottle with a name or message etched on the glass! Of course, you will have to fly to London for your consultations, but that’s where I come in!
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.