NEW YORK - The Travel + Leisure Global Bazaar kicks off in New York City Friday. Running through the weekend, the event will feature: interactive installations that conjure the sights, sounds, tastes, and authentic experiences of dozens of far-flung locales; live music and performances from around the world; global food, wine, and spirits; and shopping for authentic wares.
The T+L Global Bazaar is the world’s most exciting destinations, brands, and people, including chefs, artists, musicians, and artisans. The first-ever Global Bazaar in 2011 drew 5,000 guests. genConnect was on-hand to interview a number of top brands in travel and leisure, as well as top culinary pros. Click here for a slideshow from last year’s event.
genConnect will once again be on the scene at the 2012 event, conducting video interviews to share with the genConnect audience, and live Tweeting the highlights of the Bazaar.
“genConnect is thrilled to once again be part of this international culinary and travel event,” said genConnect CEO Nancy Spears. “The flavors, culture and wisdom that abound at the Travel + Leisure Global Bazaar come through in our broadcast-quality video interview. We can’t wait to share the wisdom we gain from the Bazaar with our genConnect readers and distribution partners.”
Below is a list of some of the people genConnect will be rubbing elbows with, bringing their expertise in their industries to you in video form:
- Renowned chef and owner of ThinkFoodGroup Jose Andres
- New York chef and owner of he opened Scarpetta Scott Conant
- Chef and restaurateur Masaharu Morimoto
- Philadelphia chef Jose Garces
- Award-winning pastry chef Johnny Iuzzini
- Texas chef Tim Love
- Bravo “Top Chef Masters Season 3″ winner and the founding chef/partner of Tabla Floyd Cardoz
- Vice president and publisher of Travel + Leisure JP Kyrillos
- Editor in Chief of Travel + Leisure Nancy Novogrod
Check back on genConnect.com through the weekend and into next week for great pictures of the event and interviews with the top movers and shakers in the travel and food industries!
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.