Two victims of the January 8th shooting in the Tucson, Ariz. show us what hope and courage is all about…
Gabrielle Giffords stepped out for her first interview Monday night with Diane Sawyer on ABC’s “Nightline”, just 10 months after she was shot in the head at a political event in Tuscon, Arizona. Viewers saw amazing footage of Gabby’s recovery, documenting the remarkable progress she has made. The journey has been difficult, but Gabby remains positive, getting stronger and stronger every day.
Another victim of the January 8th Tucson shooting was Suzi Hileman, also known by her blogonym, Ashleigh Burroughs. Shot three times, Ashleigh is on her very own road to recovery and offers a few encouraging words for those who also may have experienced a life-threatening accident.
For related stories on genConnect:
- Gabrielle Giffords Shows Up for Debt Limit Vote After Shooting
- Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Asks for Toast for Breakfast
- Gabrielle Giffords and the Importance of the ‘Courageous Battle’ by Joseph Nowinski, Ph.D.
- Grieving and Moving Forward After Tuscon Tragedy
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.
Share with us your thoughts in the comments box below.