The world’s most innovative and inspiring experts are gathering this week at the Aspen Ideas Festival, sponsored by the Aspen Institute and The Atlantic, to present ground-breaking views on issues such as parenting, health, finance and economics, politics, diplomacy, and technology.
But there is no need to book a flight to Colorado. genConnect will be on the ground in Aspen, bringing viewers exclusive video and written content from some of the most accomplished experts in their fields.
From June 27 to July 3, the festival will feature presentations by:
-Amy Chua, infamous “tiger mom” and author of Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
-Lori Gottlieb, author of the controversial self-help book Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough
-Stanley Tucci, Oscar-nominated actor
-and many others…
The Festival will also screen six award-winning documentaries, including American Man, the story of a former football star Kevin Turner battling ALS, a deadly disease. Turner will be at the Festival to share his experiences first-hand at the screening.
In addition to film, the Festival will hold a US-China Forum on the Arts and Culture – a continuation of the Asia Society and The Aspen Institute’s 4-day festival that was held in Beijing last November. Next week’s forum will host both Chinese and American artists, journalists, and musicians.
In the same vein of bringing together opposite sides, the Festival is also hosting a debate on fracking, sponsored by Intelligence Squared. U.S. Panelists ranging from New York Times columnist Joe Nocera to environmental attorney Deborah Goldberg will debate whether or not natural gas should be extracted to provide energy.
“The 21st century is changing our technology, our economy, and, consequently, our values and our lifestyle,” said genConnect CEO Nancy Spears. “Not only will the experts at the Aspen Ideas Festival talk about those challenges, but they will also present to genConnect viewers ways to overcome modern obstacles and challenges, as well.”
Some of genConnect’s confirmed interviews for the event include:
- Andrea Mitchell - Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent for NBC, host of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports”
- Andrew Ross Sorkin – Financial columnist, CNBC co-anchor, author of Too Big Too Fail
- Dave Morin – CEO of Path
- Edwin Schlossberg – Founder and principal designer of ESI Design
- Eric Schmidt – Executive Chairman of Google
- Kevin Turner – Former football star, founder of the Kevin Turner Foundation
- E.J. Dionne – Washington Post columnist and Brookings Institution fellow
- Sen. George Mitchell – Former U.S. Senator and U.S. special envoy for Middle East peace
- Maria Bartiromo – Anchor of CNBC’s “Closing Bell”
- Pervez Musharraf – Former President of Pakistan
- Peter Orszag – Vice Chairman Global Banking, Citigroup
- Ray LaHood – U.S. Transportation Secretary
- Richard Fisher - CEO and President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Suzanne Malveaux – CNN anchor
- Tim Brown – CEO of IDEO
- Tory Burch - Founder of the Tory Burch Foundation
Check back on genConnect.com through next week for 2.5-minute video interviews with top panelists and participants from the 2012 Aspen Ideas Festival – you won’t be disappointed!
Written by Ellis Liang
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.