Spring is here and while all the new shoots and growth budding is beautiful to behold and enjoy, this is often a time of great distress for allergy sufferers like me.
One homeopathic remedy I’ve found to be a relief for itchy watery eyes is an herb from the figwort family called Eyebright or Euphrasia. Eyebright is full of niacin, manganese, potassium and ascorbic acid and is known for its astringent, antihistamine and antiviral properties. Take about 35 drops of tincture orally 3 times a day or take a 30C tablet once or twice a day for relief.
Another effective remedy is Stinging Nettles, and herbalists swear by it. It provides relief not only for itchy, irritated eyes, but also the scratchy throats often caused by seasonal allergies. Stinging Nettles are also rich in iron and trace minerals. Take one 435mg capsule every 2 to 4 hours as needed, or try drinking a few cups of stinging nettle tea for relief.
Now, get out there and bask in the glory of Spring!
For More From Jackie M. Lee:
- Food Allergies & What to Eat Instead, by Chef Jackie M. Lee (RECIPES)
- Food Allergies: What You Need To Know by Jackie M. Lee
- How to Cook Up Passion For a Sexy Night In
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook
- To stay on top of Jackie M. Lee’s latest posts, as well as the latest contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.