Influential women in fashion, culture and business gathered in New York City to celebrate young females making a difference…
A cocktail and dinner in honor of the second annual WIE (Women: Inspiration & Enterprise) Symposium took place September 16, 2011 at Le Caprice in New York City. Presented by The White Ribbon Alliance, Urban Zen, The Huffington Post, and Harper’s Bazaar. This exclusive evening at one of New York’s great venues celebrated Young Female Trailblazers.
Click through the slideshow below showcasing the influential women at the Ladies’ Night Gala Dinner:
- Arianna Huffington
Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post and one of Forbes' Most Influential Women In Media, during the Women: Inspiration & Enterprise Gala Dinner at Le Caprice in New York on September 16, 2011.
- Aerin Lauder
Estée Lauder executive and heiress Aerin Lauder at the WIE Ladies Night Cocktail Hour and Gala Dinner. She is stepping out on her own with luxury brand called Aerin, with the guidance of Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour and former NBC Universal's Jeff Zucker.
- Alina and Kim Cho
- Donna Karan
- Iman, Alek Wek
Modeling beauties Iman, the face of ethnic beauty line Iman Cosmetics, and Alek Wek, handbag designer and MTV's 1997 Model of the Year, appear at the WIE Symposium on September 16 in NYC.
- Chloe Moretz, Gabourey Sibide
Actresses Chloe Moretz ("500 Days of Summer", "The Invention of Hugo Cabret") and Gabourey Sibide ("Precious") smile together at the WIE Symposium that celebrated young female trailblazers.
- Tamara Mellon
- Elettra Wiedemann, Chanel Iman and more…
Influential fashionistas Elettra Wiedemann (fashion model), Chanel Iman (Victoria's Secret fashion model), Laura Remington Platt (Financial analyst at a hedge fund; strategist for a Brazilian fashion company) and Anouck Lepere (Belgian fahion model) at the WIE Gala Dinner on Sept. 16, 2011.
Scroll over each photo for details. Click photo for an enlarged view.
- 10 Powerful People in Media Who Matter to You (VIDEO ESSAY)
- Women’s Equality Day Celebrates Female Right to Vote
- The Women of Sustainability at AREDAY (PRESS RELEASE)
- NY Fashion Week 2011: Day 1 Highlights (SLIDESHOW)
- Huffington Post Womens Editor Lori Leibovich: What Women Want Online (VIDEO)
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.
Share with us your thoughts in the comments box below.