When we heard news of the death of Osama bin Laden, we reached out to Paul Rieckhoff, Iraq veteran, 9/11 first responder, and the Founder and Executive Director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).
In a blog post on IAVA.org, Paul captured the spirit that many serving in the armed forces as well as everyday citizens share.
“This is a proud day for America, and especially for every member of IAVA who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11,” said Paul. “We hope this news inspires renewed support and appreciation for the continuing sacrifice of our troops and veterans. More than 2.2 million service members have worked toward this day for almost 10 years and they all deserve praise.”
Click here for the complete powerful reflection on the death of Osama bin Laden.
More on National Security:
- Osama bin Laden: How Do You Justify Feeling Good About Killing Someone?
- Osama Bin Laden Was Killed. How Do YOU Feel? (POLL)
- Why Osama bin Laden’s Death May Not Make Everyone Happy
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of Paul Rieckhoff’s latest posts, as well as the latest contributions from other experts on the site: Sign Up for genConnect.