Back to school means back to the grind for teachers. And what good teacher isn’t always on the prowl for new and creative ways to make learning interesting for their students? How about looking for feedback from fellow teachers on lesson plans or strategies? Or how about ways to engage parents and the community?
We reached out to TeachAde, the first interactive website with Web 2.0 tools designed exclusively for K-12 teachers, giving them the ability to share, search and create resources to enhance their teaching and professional development as well as network with other teachers, on what it has to offer teachers. Here’s what TeachAde CEO Michael E. Pearce and Founder Lexie Brockway Potamkin said…
TeachAde serves as a central hub for educators searching for top-quality resources and an online community of colleagues that understand and support their unique needs. With a website that pioneered the idea of providing free online services exclusively for educators, TeachAde helps educators break out of stagnant information ruts and discover a world of trusted resources that enrich their classrooms and their careers.
Voted one of the top 100 educational web sites by Technology & Learning, TeachAde is focused on providing teachers with vetted resources, standards compliant curriculum and a collaboration environment to make them more effective by reducing the time spent to prepare lessons while simultaneously improving the quality of those lessons.
TeachAde offers thousands of free classroom resources that have been peer reviewed and approved, as well as community networking and fund-raising options, connecting parents, teachers and education groups around the country.
Inside TeachAde.com: Members of the TeachAde.com website community are able to interact and contribute by uploading and sharing files, including multimedia files and complete lesson plans, for others to download and enjoy.
These files can be used and shared via an intuitive interest-matching tool that makes sure educators get the resources they greatly need – delivered directly to them. Team-building tools such as public and private groups within TeachAde.com are yet another means that educators can use to collaborate proactively.
Value to Educators, Schools and Districts
- Save time in creating lesson plans by offering a single place to find free vetted resources and standards compliant curriculum of the highest quality.
- Allow the rating, commenting, sharing and posting of resources.
- Provide a safe environment for collaboration and self assembly to transfer ideas and get advice.
- Constantly create free quality newsletters, interviews, podcasts, tele-seminars and reviews on the newest resources, ideas and issues facing educators.
- A simple way to raise funds for classrooms, extra-curricular activities, schools, districts and projects.
Value to Students, Parents, Philanthropists and the Public
- A simple way to donate to specific entities or projects, and empower parent groups to help raise funds without using tradition fundraisers (catalog sales, etc).
- A simple way to donate to education causes.
Like-minded organizations such as National Education Association Member Benefits, Adopt-A-Classroom, Goldie Hawn’s MindUp Foundation, FindTheBest and Disney Planet Challenge have also combined forces with TeachAde in pursuit of the same goal – to improve our nation’s education system by giving educators the support they urgently need.
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.