Everyone is asking travel writer Chris Gray Faust how they can get her job. As the editor of Chris Around the World, voted one of 2010’s 10 Travel Blogs to Bookmark, Chris knows all about fascinating finds, exotic destinations and world travel. And she’s letting us in on the secret.
Watch below for Chris’ tips on breaking into the travel writing business in the digital media age:
Her travel writing tip: “I think it’s better for a newbie who doesn’t have a journalism background or who doesn’t have a mainstream background to start off in a niche. That’s the way you’re going to gain credibility. People will look at you as an expert and you can get quoted in different publications.”
For more on genConnect:
- Executive Travel’s Janet Libert: Trends in Travel (VIDEO)
- 3 Reasons for Couples to Pursue L’Avventura
- Puerto Rico Is on the Map Again…Big Time
- Get behind-the-scenes pictures: follow us on Facebook.
- #BWELA: tweet us @genConnected.
- Directly connect with world-class experts, sign up free for genConnect.com!