Ever think about going into business with a sibling? Well, that’s what brothers Josh and Matt Altman did when they teamed up for a career in real estate – even if it was by accident.
“The whole real estate thing was a mistake to start,” Josh says in our interview below. The two moved in together about 10 years ago and started flipping the houses they lived in. Before they knew it, they had made their way to the million dollar listings of Beverly Hills. Now, they’re known as The Altman Brothers, the hottest real-estate agents in Beverly Hills. Season five of their hit show, “Million Dollar Listings,” debuted on Bravo this week.
“We loved all the home garden type shows of flipping your house and ‘do this and that’ and ‘Curb Appeal.’ And we bought our first one, I think in two months we painted it, put in new fixtures from restoration hardware, all with our money. It was also the best time in the world to do this,” Matt said.
“So from that moment on, we were real estate guys for the rest of our lives,” Josh added.
For more from genConnect:
- Century 21 Becomes Smarter, Bolder and Faster Online (VIDEO)
- Anne Young: The Real Deal of a Real Estate Agent
- Economy Turmoil: How to Deal With Money, Security Fears
Want more genConnect?
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.