5 tips to help your makeup look fabulous for those holiday parties on your schedule, from life & style expert Andrea Warshaw-Wernick
Ladies, we are actually at the starting line for the final count down to the end of the year! The holiday parties are revving up and some of us are still thinking about what we are going to wear and how can we make these party nights special.
Most of our holiday functions are usually right after work. To make that day-to-night transition seamless, here are some tips to make your makeup special for your fun night out:
1) Metallic rocks – Glamour up your daytime makeup by adding a metallic eye shadow. Use a brush to apply the metallic shadow on your eyelids. Try not to go too heavy. You can add water to your brush and then apply you shadow as a sheer metallic wash, which gives you a nice look but not too glaring. Metallic shadow definitely makes a dynamic nighttime statement
2) Eye Drama – Enhance your eyes with a swipe of liquid liner. To apply, look downward into a mirror and hold the skin at the outer corner of your eye taut so your lid is stretched; you can use black but dark brown can be dramatic, as well. If you want a cat’s eye look, swipe your pen point up a bit (one-quarter of an inch) to create a wing. You can use a simple business card to get that straight line. This will create that up lifted look. Who doesn’t want that?
3) Go that Extra Length – False Lashes truly create a party look. I love applying flashes when I’m going out at night. I have simple instructions on how to apply false eyelashes in a video in on my Web site, which you can watch here. I prefer to use the Demi lashes because they give you a subtle lift. However, if you want to have those total “WOW LOOK” use the lashes for the entire lid.
4) Shimmer Up – By using a shimmer pen, powder or crème apply in four areas: the tops of your cheekbones, just under your brows, on the inner corners of your eyes, down the nose and right above your upper lip. Apply lightly so you don’t overdo the shine! This creates an all-over
glow that’s super natural and creates a young dewy look. BTW, I happen to sell a fabulous illuminator in my fabulous line. It’s called Perfect Light. Who doesn’t want to in the perfect light?
5) Bold Your Lips – Bold lips are always fun to go from day-to-night make-up. Here are so many new bright colors ranging from bright red to purple berry that will make a huge statement when applied correctly. However, don’t play up the eyes and the mouth! Women who wear heavy eye makeup and dark lipstick can look hard or even silly. If you choose to wear a red lipstick, keep the rest of the makeup light. If you are playing up the eyes, keep your mouth soft and light with a gloss or light lip color that doesn’t stand out. It is all about balance. For “plump” looking lips, apply liner just outside your natural lip line. Dab a bit of gloss in the middle of your bottom lips and viola! Your lips look larger! Gloss in the middle of your bottom lips and viola your lips look larger!
** To purchase Liquid Eye Drama or Metallic Shadow, check out my store. My FABULOUS line of makeup is Fabulous!
Wherever your holiday parties take you, have a fabulous time – and look fabulous doing it! Happy holidays, everyone!
- For more daily expert updates, follow genConnect on Twitter and Facebook.
- To stay on top of the latest contributions from experts: Sign Up for genConnect.